Thursday, May 10, 2018

Letter from Gallipoli

Letter from Gallipoli 27th April 1918


Dear mom,


In Gallipoli there are big bullets pouring down, it’s impossible dodge them. We dig
underground for shelter, it’s like small caves. I slowly looked up, so many enemies are
running towards us but they cant get any closer because other people are shooting them.
They are throwing bombs at us but we dodge them, this is easier to dodge then the big bullets.
Holding up my gun ready to shoot, I shoot the enemy that is closest to us so they don’t get a
chance to get on our side. There is a bunch of wounded people, even though they’re wounded
they do not fear the enemies. All of the soldiers are so brave, they just want to win the war.
I threw a big bomb at the enemies, then I quickly hid in my small underground cave. I moved to
a comfortable position and waited incase the enemies are having a plan, headed towards us.
After that big bomb I threw, they are getting revenge. So I should probably shoot them and help
the others, I get out my small underground cave and started shooting. I shot most of the
enemies until the war ended, then I packed my guns, ammo and other stuff. We have to win
that war, I trained a lot. I was ready for another war. I got ready my ammunition, in the morning
we’re having another war. In the morning, we packed our ammunition and went to the war place.
This time is more intense, they just threw a bomb at our side. We dodged and knew we had
to do something, so we got up and shot all the enemies running towards us. One enemy was
smart, he snuck on our side and shot one of our soldiers. Luckily,I shot him as revenge, the guy
the enemy shot wasn’t dead but badly wounded. As revenge, we got two snipers and told them
to shoot the enemies that's far and we’ll take care of the others. We all gathered up and shot all
the enemies, we won but a lot of people died which is really sad but they are brave.


Love from Dorothy

1 comment:

EOTC Day - Writing

  EOTC Day “This is the list which shows if you’re in group 1 or group 2.” Our teacher said. Almost everyone immediately started scanning th...